"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well."
~Psalm 139:14
This past week I discovered just how amazing the human body truly is!! As I was laying on the couch for most of the week I got to thinking about how incredibly complex our bodies are. How everything works together and keeps us alive and breathing. And when something is wrong the body tells us so and tries to let us know what is wrong by giving us symptoms and also by letting us know that we should be taking it easy through various degrees of pain.
Our bodies are on a balancing bar.
A teeter-totter.
When somethings unbalanced the body goes through changes to correct it or lets us know what's going on so we can figure it out.
And then we have the human brain! Which is so amazing that we don't even know everything about it yet. It has the ability to learn. And learn. And learn. And never stop learning until death. Just like the old saying "Ya learn somethin' new every day!" Yup, that's about it. Amazing isn't it?
And just to think, God made it. He made the brain. He made the body. He made life.
And then He went even further! God made man's brain so it could conduct research about man's body!
I'm thinking about all this due to a health issue that I've been experiencing the last few months. It's a long story but basically I've been getting tons of strange sores all over my mouth and now nose and eye too. I've been to a couple different doctors so far, including some specialists, and nobody knows what it is. None of my symptoms match--exactly--to anything that they've thought it might be so far.
The verdict is that I need to get blood work done and then see a specialist[s] at Children's Hospital of Milwaukee next week. Hopefully, with a larger group of specialized doctors, they might be able to figure this thing out.
I'm prayerfully trying to trust the Lord about this and that He will help the doctors figure out what's going on. But I also know that it's in His hands and it's His will in my life.
If you could please pray that I can be calm about this and trust my God's perfect plan.
I take encouragement in the words that Jesus Christ gave us:
"Peace I leave with you,
My peace I give to you;
Not as the world gives do I give to you.
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
~John 14:27
The human body and the human brain are incredible things! From conception to death they are growing and changing. Scientists are learning new things about microorganisms, planets that are millions of miles away, about plants and how the sun causes growth, they are learning about animal behavior and where the best places are for whales to eat or what chickens prefer in their breakfast, but God is the one who made it all. He is the only one who knows every single thing about every single thing on this world, around this world and in the entire universe. He made the brain. He made the brain to think.
I'm going to use my brain to thank Him that He loves me! To thank Him that He cares so much for me and gives me so much to be happy about in my life.
I'm going to use my brain to thank Him that He loves me! To thank Him that He cares so much for me and gives me so much to be happy about in my life.

He made the vastness of the universe, He made the delicateness of the butterfly and still He loved me enough to make ME!
"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well."
~Psalm 139:14
I am so sorry to hear about your suffering.
ReplyDeleteYou don't realize how much of the Bible is written about this subject, until you start experiencing it.
Doug Kazen, now with Jesus, said something so simple and so profound, it changed the way I viewed my cancer. "If His life was one of suffering, why shouldn't ours be?"
It is a ministry, the ministry of suffering, but not one that many "feel called to." :) It is in opportunity to be like Christ, the One who suffered all things.
All those spiritual truths aside, I PRAY FOR AND LONG FOR your healing!!!! I love you, little sis!
Even after 3+ years of studying the human body in depth, I am still in awe and so amazed at its workings! How affectionate of our Creator to create our minds capable of continual discovery.
ReplyDeleteI really hope that these docs can get to the bottom of this! I'll be working on the 8th floor of Children's till the end of April, so maybe we can grab lunch when you're in town. :)
Love and Prayers!
Courtney
Deuteronomy 31:6
ReplyDelete"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!
I loved your blog, Kjersten, and will remember to pray for you
ReplyDelete