Easter is for getting chocolate bunnies and feeling sick afterwards..right?
But why do we do this? Why celebrate this day?
Because one man, one amazing, loving, wonderful man died for the whole world 2,000 years ago.
But why do we do this? Why celebrate this day?
Because one man, one amazing, loving, wonderful man died for the whole world 2,000 years ago.
That is the real reason we recognize this day as a day worth remembering.
That man is Jesus Christ.
And He is the Son of God
The Alpha and Omega
The Beginning and the End
The Alpha and Omega
The Beginning and the End
Savior
Redeemer
Christmas has been a time when we remember Christ's birth
Easter is to remember His death.
But not only Christ's death on the cross.. His resurrection from the dead!
Being a pure and perfect man, the grave was unable to hold Him. It could claim no power over Him.
But not only Christ's death on the cross.. His resurrection from the dead!
Being a pure and perfect man, the grave was unable to hold Him. It could claim no power over Him.
And now He is risen and lives!
Waiting for His people to come to know Him as their personal savior.
Waiting for His people to come to know Him as their personal savior.
"Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God.
For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."
2 Corinthians 5:20-21
One day Christ will return for His saints,
to bring them to glory in heaven and reward their faithfulness to His promise of eternal salvation for those who believe.
Those who believe must have faith in what He did for them--and the world--which was come to this world as a baby, live a perfect and sinless life, die on a cruel and hateful cross, rise again from the dead then ascend back into heaven to sit at God's right hand and plead our case before His Father.
But He will not know those who did not know Him.
He will not plead the case of those who refuse to hear His salvation
those who close their ears to His truth
those who think they're better than everyone and don't need salvation from a rotting and dying world
those who somehow think they're exempt from needing His grace and love.
Everyone needs to be loved.
"We then, as workers together with Him also plead with you
not to receive the grace of God in vain.
For He says:
'In an acceptable time
I have heard you,
And in the day of salvation
I have helped you.'
Behold, now is the accepted time;
behold, now is the day of salvation."
2 Corinthians 6:1-2
"O Lord, our Lord, How excellent is your name in all the earth.
Who have set Your glory above the heavens!
Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have ordained strength.
Because of Your enemies,
That You may silence the enemy and the avenger.
When I consider Your heavens,
the work of Your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have ordained,
what is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit him?
For You have made him a little lower than the angels,
And have crowned him with glory and honor."
Psalm 8:1-5
Because I have God's glory and honor I can stand before Him and claim the gift He has freely given me.
Salvation through faith in His blood.
He gives this gift to anyone who asks for it with faith.
Simply believe.
What should you believe?
Read Luke 22-23 of the story of Christ's betrayal, arrest, death and resurrection.
Read Luke 22-23 of the story of Christ's betrayal, arrest, death and resurrection.
Because I believe in what Christ has done and have faith in what He will do....
my hope and security is that one day, I will leave this world of let-downs, tears and sadness
my hope and security is that one day, I will leave this world of let-downs, tears and sadness
for a better place of eternal life with my Savior-Jesus Christ!
"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes;
there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying.
There shall be no more pain,
for the former things have passed away.
Then He who sat on the throne said,
Behold, I make all things new."
"And He said to me 'It is done!
I am the Alpha and Omega,
the Beginning and the End.
I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
He who overcomes shall inherit all things,
and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable murderers,
sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters
and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone,
which is the second death.'"
Revelation 21:4-8
I have a wonderful joy in my Savior which can not be put out by the struggles of this world.
I am not worthy to receive such a wonderful thing.
I have done nothing to deserve it.
I only accept and believe and it is mine.
Mine to cherish forever.
"As sorrowful, yet always rejoicing;
as poor, yet making many rich;
as having nothing, and yet possessing all things."
2 Corinthians 6:10
I can rejoice during times of sorrow because I have Christ.
I can be physically poor, but make others rich in Christ and in the knowledge of His love.
I may not have anything worth having--in the eyes of this world--but I possess eternal Salvation and that, to me, is a whole world, it is everything!
Christ loved even me. A worthless sinner condemned to death because of my own guilt.
Christ paved a way, by His own death, to deliver me from my death.
Praise the Lord, He made a way!!
No comments:
Post a Comment